Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Giving away a coke


Have you every bought something for someone you didn't know? Maybe you did it because you felt like being nice, or maybe you did it because you were assigned to do it by your teacher. This week, our assignment for English 316 was to purchase a coke for a random person you didn't know. I knew it was going to be awkward for me because the person would look at you weird and wonder why you would do such a thing. I did it while i was at Seven-Eleven the other day getting gas. I went into the gas station and grabbed two cokes. One was for myself and the other was for the next person in line behind me. After i paid for it, i handed the coke to the guy right behind me. He looked at me weird and said "umm...thanks". I smiled and told him "no prob" then walked out quickly because I was feeling awkward. It was definitely the awkward highlight of my week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler! Why couldn't have you done that with me buying something right behind you?

Mike and Christy said...

I had to do something similar in high school. I bought a 12 pack of Pepsi and handed them out in front of Blockbuster. It wasn't very fun having people look at you weird. And there were lots of people that wouldn't take them.

bailey troops said...

AWKWARDDDDDDD