Tuesday, October 21, 2008

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!


Most people aren't getting too excited that fall is here and it is starting to get cold outside. Fall in Utah means that winter is right around the corning and when winter is here, the snow is also. I've already heard a lot of people complaining about the cold weather. My feelings toward winter are the opposite. Although I don't love being cold, I do love the snow and snowboarding. I've also learned that you can still be very comfortable by dressing warm. We've already had our first little snow here in Utah and I felt like a little kid waiting to open his presents on Christmas Eve. I know that a good snow storm is right around the corner and I absolutely cannot wait until the ski resorts open up so I can hit the slopes up on my brand new snowboard! I’m especially excited for this winter because I plan on taking a snowboarding class when I transfer to BYU Idaho in the winter and I know I will have a chance to go up several times. Riding can be so peaceful and at the same time thrilling. I used to wear headphones while I went snowboarding, but it is so much more enjoying for me to hear the quiet sounds of nature and the sound of my board gliding across the snow. I feel that to really start enjoying snowboarding, you need to go at least 5 times. Some people go boarding one or two times and they say they hate it. I feel sorry for these people because I know that they are truly missing out on something amazing! If you will just give snowboarding a real chance and try it out at least 5 times, I promise you’ll love it and be as excited as I am to hit those slopes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you going to miss Utah when you move to the ugly state of Idaho! We will miss you too much!

bailey troops said...

If I had one wish right now...it would be to go boarding for a day with you and Doug at Brighton. There's nothing like Utah snow!!!