Monday, October 13, 2008

YES ON PROPOSITION 8!!


I would feel bad if I did not talk about prop 8 in my blog, so here we go. I would say that most Californians are now familiar with proposition 8. Proposition 8 will put into the California constitution the same language that voters passed back in 2000 with proposition 22. It will clearly state that: "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California". It is extremely frustrating to me because prop 22 was passed by 61% of voters in California back in 2000, but it was overturned by the California Supreme Court earlier this year. One of the most important parts of prop 8 is that it will protect children from being taught in public schools that "same-sex marriage" is the same as traditional marriage. I read an article the other day that disgusted me. A first grade class went on a field trip to go watch their woman teacher get married another woman. These kids minds are like sponges and will possibly always think that a woman with another woman is normal. This is definitely not the case and isn't how nature or God intended it. For those that would like to read this story, here is the hyperlink: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/11/MNFG13F1VG.DTL Many organizations including The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and many other christian denominations are supporting prop 8. I am trying my best to let as many people as possible know about how important this proposition is.

No comments: