Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day


Today is Election Day in America and I couldn't write in my blog without talking about it. News anchors are talking about the elections on several different television stations. Just recently they announced that Barack Hussein Obama was elected as the 44th president of the United States of America. I feel extremely disappointed and upset at the results of the election for president. I even feel a little sick to my stomach. Obama stands for several things that I do not agree with. Some of his policies that I don’t like include raising the taxes of the rich in order to give more money to the poor, pulling our troops out of Iraq before their job is done, meeting and negotiating with terrorist leaders, and creating a government run socialized health care program. I do not agree with all of the policies of McCain, but he is a lot closer to my views. I was upset when McCain beat out Romney in the primary election because I felt Romney was the best candidate. I vowed that I would not vote for McCain during the General Election. Once it got closer to the General Election, I realized that it would be better to vote for McCain than not to vote at all and get stuck with Obama. When it came to voting, I held my breath and cast my vote for John McCain. Although I knew that McCain had a very slim chance of winning the election, I still had hope that he might by some miracle pull it off. I just hope and pray that Obama will not do any serious damage to our country now that he will be President. Another important part of the voting today was proposition 8 in California. I talked about this proposition in an earlier blog and about how important it was that it passed. As of right now, the proposition is in the lead to pass. I will be happy with the voting today as long as proposition passes. We will see in the next few hours….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was a hard night last night. I was up pretty late waiting for returns to come in on Prop 8. I believe strongly that we should try to support our new President and give him a chance. Let's not be like the Democrats who never gave George Bush a chance. I am thinking he will struggle, but lets try to unite our party so we can win in 4 years!