Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What is your favorite holiday?


I’m curious to know what your favorite holiday is! Let me know by posting a comment. As the 2008 holiday season approaches, I have become quite excited for Christmas to get here. Christmas has been my favorite holiday ever since I can remember. The reasons for it being my favorite holiday have changed, but still today it is my favorite holiday. Christmas used to be my favorite holiday for the same reason it was most children’s favorite holiday; I received lots of presents as a kid. I would always look forward to getting cool toys from Santa. I used to not be able to sleep on Christmas Eve night because I would be so excited for the presents. I still do enjoy receiving presents, but now I enjoy giving presents a lot more. The spirit of Christmas is giving, not receiving. On my mission, I always looked forward to Christmas because that meant that I would be able to talk to my family at home. It’s hard being away from your family for two years and not being able to even talk to them on the phone. It was always such a wonderful gift for me on Christmas to be able to talk to my family and find out how they all are doing. This year, Christmas will be a different experience for me than I’ve had before. I’ve pretty much been away from my family for an entire year. I have been able to talk to my family over the phone (unlike my mission) but I haven’t been able to see them much. This year I’m so excited for Christmas because I get to go home and spend the holiday season with my family. I’m looking forward to seeing all of my nieces and nephews. A lot of them will have grown a lot since the last time I saw them. Playing with all of my nieces and nephews will be a great Christmas treat for me! Over the years I have learned that Christmas is all about giving and spending time with your family. I love Christmas and can’t wait till it’s here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kwanza!
Actually I love Fall and Halloween. I also love Christmas. It makes me happy and also stresses me out!

Mike and Christy said...

Hanukkah is my favorite because you get presents for 8 days straight! Totally beats Christmas any day.